About The Blog and Me!

My photo
Orlando, Florida
Hello and thanks for visiting with me! I'm what most people would say would be a "native" of Florida. While not "officially" born here I have lived in Orlando all but a few years of my wonderful life. I love spontaneous adventures, cooking, learning and exploring new things. In my blog I will share many of these experiences with you and hope that you will enjoy them too! As an enthusiast for everything photography I decided to do what I love and love what I do after working in the corporate world for much of my life. My love for travel and people inspired me to take a once hobby and make lemons into lemonade as we would say here in the south. My style of shooting uses natural light, is relaxed and photojournalistic in nature and is meant to portray, in the images captured, the beauty of "Living, Laughing and Loving Life".

February 14, 2011

Spicy Shrimp Spring Rolls

This is a great, low fat and healthy recipe that is much easier
to make at home than you may think!
You can get creative and fill them with just about anything you like.  I decided to make a spicy shrimp roll with everyday items I already had in my fridge and cupboards.  You can pick up the Rice Paper Wraps at any Asian market in your local area for a few dollars and they last until you need them, stored in your pantry.

You can spice them up if you like a little or a lot depending on your taste!  They are simple and quick to make and the recipe can be adjusted to your liking with what you have in your kitchen. 
Here's my recipe - Serving size 3 rolls:
  • 20 Small Shrimp cooked in Garlic Butter with lemon juice and diced (could use Olive Oil)
  • 2 tbsp. chopped Fresh Cilantro
  • 1 cup chopped Arugula
  • 1 cup grated Carrots
  • 1/4 cup small diced/grated Onion
  • 3 tbsp. Greek Yogurt - just enough to coat and dress
  • 1 tsp. Sirachi Sauce - a little goes a long way and is available in local grocery stores or your Asian Markets
  • 2 tbsp. diced Pepperocini Peppers
  • 6 larger leaves Baby Spinach per roll
Mix all ingredients, except the spinach, together.  Follow directions for rice paper wraps (soak in warm water until pliable) and place on plastic chopping board.  Layer spinach leaves as a bed in a row towards front of roll.  Spoon filling over leaves.  Pull wrap over top of filling, wrap sides in and finish rolling wrap.  Slice on diagonal in half.  Serve with light soy sauce or another complimentary sauce like a thai peanut.
This recipe is great by itself! 

Alternative Ingredients: Chicken, Cucumber, Basil, Mint, Lettuce, Ginger, Green Onion, Red/Green Peppers, Bean Sprouts, Cellophane Noodles, Water Chestnuts, Chopped Peanuts/Cashews.

~
Have fun, throw in whatever you want and enjoy as a snack, appetizer or a meal
~

No comments:

Post a Comment